Friday, March 3, 2017

8 Pack of Teen Exclusive Traits by CardTaken


Hi! Triplis here. I've been thinking for a long time about Emotions in TS4 and I thought what better way to put some ideas to work than make a set of Traits exclusive to Teens, a life stage that many agree is sorely lacking in unique gameplay.

So I made a set of 8 Traits, just for Teens. They were a labor of love and sweat, and I learned a lot about modding along the way. I hope you enjoy them.

There is a lot of detail information to say about them. If you would prefer to do as little reading as possible and jump in-game to try them, I nonetheless recommend you at least skim the "What you need to know" section, as it contains some information that can prevent you from becoming very confused.

Happy Simming!

 What you need to know:

1) The package file comes in two versions: Base Game and Expansions (ONLY USE ONE AT A TIME!). The Expansions version includes references to Nightclub venue, Cafe venue, and DJ Mixing skill from Get Together; Singing skill from City Living; and Organ skill from Vampires. Features that are only part of the Expansion version, or are different in the Base Game version, will be denoted with an * in each trait's "Features" section below.

If you are feeling daring and only have some of the above named Expansions, you are welcome to use the Expansions version anyway. I don't have any reason to believe that issues are guaranteed to crop up, but the possibility is there. If you do try this and you run into issues, please let me know, so I can inform people. If it causes significant issues, I may consider splitting things up in more detail in the future.

2) Each custom trait has "Cannot Die" status linked to it; meaning, if your Sim has one of the 8 custom traits, they can't die. Some of the traits revolve around extreme emotions that fall under Angry, Embarrassed, or Playful, so I felt it was important that they are free to have extreme emotions without random emotional deaths. Note that because the traits are exclusive to Teens, they will lose the trait when they Age Up from Teen and therefore lose Cannot Die status in the process. So if you're worried about your Sim never dying, fear not! Age them up to lose the trait and they will be vulnerable to death again.

I may look into making them immune only to emotional deaths in the future. For the time being, this was the most straightforward way for me to do it.

3) You will find the Traits under the Lifestyle category in CAS (but only if your Sim is a Teen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment